BRD Vet Rx Verified Compounding
At BRD we honestly care about each and every animal that we compound for. Our staff has a genuine affection for our patients and value them as if they were our own. BRD scrutinizes every detail of our procedures to guarantee the quality you should expect from a compounding pharmacy.
BRD Rx team specializing in veterinary medicine ensures that each of the compounds we make are free of bacteria, endotoxin and fungi. We send our compounds to be analyzed by an FDA approved laboratory. We also perform lot testing for potency which means we test to verify the strength of the compound.
NOTE: If you would like us to send you a COA (Certificate of Analysis) on any of our compounds you have or would like to order our products, just let us know.
BRD Vet Rx Quality Controls
- We are in compliance with guidelines for sterile and non-sterile compounding, USP 797 & 795.
- BRD is held to the standards of every board of pharmacy; we hold a license in and we are routinely inspected by the Board of Pharmacy for 795 & 797 compliance
- BRD performs sterility analysis on each batch of sterile compounds by a third party laboratory
- We utilize sterilizing grade filters (0.2 micron) in our International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Class 5 laminar airflow hood or Biological Safety Cabinet inside an ISO Class 7 clean room
- For our Microparticle formulation we terminally sterilize our diluent via autoclave and our active via gamma-irradiation
- We perform post-filtration filter integrity testing using the bubble point method to ensure the filter maintained function through the sterilization process
- We conduct weekly and monthly environmental monitoring and perform laboratory analysis of air and surface samples in our clean room and other controlled environments
- All of BRD’s Compounded Sterile Preparations (CSPs) are monitored and inspected by a licensed pharmacist
- BRD Pharmacy staff is trained and evaluated in aseptic techniques, gowning procedures and proper use of engineering controls to ensure sterility
- We routinely have an independent third party inspect and certify our Primary and Secondary Engineering Controls
- Our veterinary drugs contain only pharmaceutical-grade chemicals (USP, NF equivalent) from FDA-registered suppliers
- Available upon request, we retain all Certificates of Analysis (COAs) on our Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)
- BRD’s master formula database and batch records for each compounded preparation is maintained and retained giving us the ability to track individual prescriptions back to the original record
- Our pharmacists verify the potency of finished compounds through quality control checks including weight, volume and yield
- Our compounding process includes the use of bar-coding and balance-computer integration to ensure we have properly weighed the correct ingredients
- BRD also utilizes bar-coding in the dispensing process to verify that the correct compound is being dispensed according to the prescription
- We use image scanners to capture each prescription during the order entry process to simplify and streamline the verification process for our pharmacist
- BRD has systems in place for handling complaints, sterility failures, adverse events and, if necessary, issuing a recall
- A BRD Pharmacist reviews and verifies each step of the compounding process all the way through the dispensing of the prescription when it leaves our pharmacy
- We routinely perform time-temperature studies on our shipped packages to assess temperature during transit